Mobile Development for the Best
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a powerful UI application development toolkit created by Google in 2017. The latest version of Flutter SDK that received the name “Flutter 2” was rolled out this month, on March 4, 2021. As of now, the open-source framework boasts about its feature-rich functionality enabling app developers to create natively compiled business apps for nearly every device and platform, like Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, and others from a single code base.
Casting a quick glance at the Google Trends lets us realize that Flutter keeps prevailing over the rest of application development frameworks as the toolkit is getting ahead by a large margin. Source
Given what huge traction Flutter has been gaining so far, let’s delve deeper into the numerous advantages the framework brings for the app development projects.
Flutter: What are the benefits for app developers?
What makes Flutter look so appealing for IT companies that provide web and mobile application development services worldwide? Here’s a list of its core advantages, however, the actual range is far bigger than these seven points.
1. Extensive community. Flutter can brag about worldwide support with a great number of Flutter practitioners and app development enthusiasts. Their commits on GitHub aimed at improving Flutter functionality have amounted up to 23,000, while getting 116 thousand stars from users as of March 6, 2021.
2. Open-sourceness. Flutter is an open-source framework, so is Dart – the programming language the app development toolkit is written in. Given this as well as the first point with a vast global community, Flutter has much greater flexibility and improvability, especially when compared to proprietary software solutions.
3. Cross-platform capability. Flutter has a bevy of its own ready-to-use widgets that define UI layouts, and stylistic and structural elements. This said, the framework enables app developers to create natively compiled platform-agnostic applications that follow either Material Design (Android), or Cupertino (iOS) best practices.
4. Short learning curve. Getting started with Flutter is quite easy. It means that seasoned app developers with prior experience with other frameworks need pretty less time to master Flutter. All you have to do is to choose your operating system, be it Windows, Linux, macOS, or Chrome OS, and go through the Flutter installation procedure. Once everything is done correctly, you can enjoy reading a comprehensive Flutter tutorial that helps you create your first application.
5. Fast and easy development flow. Among the most promising features of Flutter is its live reloading methodology ensuring speedy app development. It means you as an app developer can see all the changes to the code in the blink of an eye. Every single code change as well as bug fixing is done on the go, without any restarts needed. It makes app debugging and inspecting processes smooth and transparent. What’s more, hot reload contributes greatly to code development time reduction.
So, all these and other advantageous features help Flutter win favorable approval amid professional app developers from all over the world. Source
Flutter: What are the benefits for businesses?
From the viewpoint of business owners, Flutter also looks like tasty eye candy. And the reasons behind opting for this application SDK are quite plausible. So, let’s break down the most essential business advantages.
1. Single app development team. Much like Flutter utilizes a single codebase for building applications, project starters can greatly benefit from having the same software development team for various platforms. What does it mean of cost and time efficiency? Well, everything that includes staffing, onboarding, equipping, accommodating, and salary expenditures. What’s more, a unified app development workflow enables a Flutter-backed team to avoid numerous resource hogs and sync issues that most of native application developers usually suffer from.
2. Faster time-to-market rates. It is hardly surprising that the shorter the app software development life cycle is, and the quicker deployment and MVP release times are – the better deliverables for the business application market will be. Optimizing your go-to-market strategy in today’s highly competitive environment has become more imperative than ever before. Which is why, streamlined development and delivery processes makes Flutter a perfect choice for creating and rolling out your business applications way faster than your competitors.
3. Integration with existing apps. Yet another great feature that distinguishes Flutter from its competitors is compatibility with your current applications for Android, iOS, or web platforms. The incremental implementation of Flutter-based apps within already existing software for business is a good start for most companies to test-drive this truly revolutionary framework. Such smooth and seamless integration helps business owners mitigate the risks of migration to new app development solutions.
4. Attractive customer-centered UI. Since one of the core business goals lies in delivering the best product possible that can meet and exceed customer expectations, so Flutter is the answer. A wide range of beautifully made widgets is designed to impress and engage your target audience at its fullest. Today’s customers evolve quickly, which is why tapping into the Flutter potential lets you hit the nail on the head.
Truth be told, most benefits of Flutter for both app developers and business owners are yet to be discovered. Either way, when it comes to robust application development, you most certainly need a tight-knit team with extensive expertise in Flutter. Here at HebronSoft, we are downright ready to provide you with time- and cost-efficient app development solutions powered by Flutter. Contact us, so we can better understand your company’s needs, and get you covered with actionable business applications for any budget and industry vertical.
Our Customers’ Results
Increase in Sales of Customers’ Products
Increase in Online Donations for NGOs
Ratings from Clients’ Satisfaction
Decrease in Headcount
370 King St. West Suite 805 Toronto, Ontario
190 Seminole LN Cocoa Beach, 32931